9.15.2006

Gravity

Have you ever had times in your life when you hear nothing but music (whether it be your ipod is blaring or there is no other background noise) and you are doing something very movie-like? For example you are sitting, thinking, glass of wine in hand, and nothing but a good song playing in the background? Ok, so maybe I am the only one.
I call these "movie moments." The moments in life where you feel that you are in a movie. Random, I know! I only get these every once in awhile. The last "movie moment" I had involved me getting off the metro. I was riding the escalator up to the ground level with the wind in my hair. A crisp, wintery day with fresh bakery smells in the air, and my ipod blaring Mad World by Gary Jules.
Anyway I just had one of my "movie moments." You have them too, I'm sure!!! (or am I the only one willing to admit it?)
The song: Gravity by John Mayer

"Gravity is working against me
And gravity wants to bring me down

Oh I'll never know what makes this man
With all the love that his heart can stand
Dream of ways to throw it all away

Oh Gravity is working against me
And gravity wants to bring me down

Oh twice as much aint twice as good
And can't sustain like a one half could
It's wanting more
That's gonna send me to my knees
(repeat)

Oh gravity, stay the hell away from me
And gravity has taken better men than me you see now how can that be?

Just keep me where the light is
Just keep me where the light is
Keep you all where the light is
Just keep us where the light is
lets give out regardes to the 0 6
Ohh… where the light is!"
so lets break it down...."

1 comment:

Dr. A said...

John Mayer: Good stuff. My new fave download is Waiting For The World To Change.