9.18.2006

No Spinach for me, thanks.

Wow, this whole ordeal with the tainted spinach affecting at least 21 states kind of makes you want to analyze what you are eating. I mean, fresh spinach, infested with E.coli... here I thought when I bought fresh, organic veggies I was doing myself a favor! Yes, I am one of "those people" who buys organic veggies & meats (mostly) to cut back on the amount of chemicals I am ingesting. Who knows if it makes a difference, but at least I can think that I am doing something to make myself more healthier.
I can't imagine the backlash of this on the farmers. I hope this ordeal is taken care of soon because this could really hurt the market for farmers who depend on sales. Also, how many people have yet to come forward? Spinach has been the culprit of something that really could have happened to any vegetable.




Just say no to spinach! (For now at least)



Today's Quote:
"Seize the moment. Remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the desert cart."
Erma Bombeck

No comments: