R.N.
I am still finding it exciting to say I am a nurse. Yes, I am a nurse. I enjoyed nursing school despite being tortured by having to wear white uniforms, and suffering several near-miss breakdowns. Yes, I am a nurse. I took Kaplan nclex review and passed my boards in 75 questions. Yes, I am a nurse... a registered nurse... and I earned the right to say that.
Yesterday as I was walking into work I saw a group of girls (where are the male nurses?!) with white pants and a recognizable scrub top. Hey- those are girls from my school! Anyway, it brought flooding memories back of nursing school and what it is was like (as if it was soooooo long ago). It was this time last year that I was sitting in those same chairs at that same hospital, in a similar uniform. Bleary eyed and optimistic for the first day of maternity clinical, yet overwhelmed with anticipation of what the year was going to bring.







No comments:
Post a Comment