4.05.2007

Ok... I'll admit it.


Yes, I admit I am a huge Harry Potter fan. Go ahead.. laugh! Of course the only people actually laughing are the people who haven't read the books :)
I used to be one of those people. I couldn't believe why anyone older than the age of 12 would enjoy Harry Potter- what dorks! A close friend of mind was seriously into the HP books and awaited all the new releases with baited breathe. After a new book would come out she would go into "hiding" for about a day... just long enough for her to zoom through the book. I gave her such a hard time as we were in college. After all, we were way too old for a children's book.
That is when it happened. She said that it was fine if I wanted to make fun of her but I had to read at least the first book. If after the first book I still didn't like it I could laugh at her all I wanted. Well after the first book I tore through the rest (that were out at the time). Not only fun, enjoyable reads but also extremely well written.
I have watched the movies but I don't believe they are even in the same league as the books.
When awaiting the 6th book (Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince) to be released I reread all the previous books. As I reread I found foreshadowing that I had not noticed the first time I read them as well an important details that I had forgotten.
It is about that time again... 106 days until the release of the 7th and final book. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Again, in preparation for the release of the last book I am rereading all of the books again. I am currently in the 6th book and as I sped through it the first time (when it was just released) I feel as if I am reading it for the first time. I am very much so looking forward to the release of the book in July, however, I can't help but be a little disappointed that this is the last book.

So there it is.. I will admit it. I can't wait for the last HP!!!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I, too, mocked the "losers" who were into Harry Potter... until a guy at work was SO excited about the latest book release (the 6th book at the time). The way he was talking about it, I decided I would give Harry Potter a chance and read the first book.... once I started I could NOT put it down - I then bought the entire book set (1-5 at that time) and read every book within 2 weeks...finishing two days proir to the release of the 6th book.

Now I understand the "obsession" and am anxiously awaiting the release of the final book, yet sad that it will soon be over...

gypsygrrl said...

oooh, more HP geeks!!!! and believe me...i say that with the utmost love and respect and admiration ~ as i am one, as well!

oh oh oh. i started reading these back in the fall of 2001. my gf at the time and i read book 1 to each other for a few chapters, then she tore it away and tore thru it. i read them Much. More. SLowly. by the time book 5 came out, i was only barely finished Book 4. i got ragged about it, but i didnt care... i read them slowly, since i knew the series was limited to 7 books. THEN. Book 5 came out, and i was recently done Book 5. BAM! i read that book in one week (with work and all) - i used to sit in the cafe at work, and audibly *gasp* when i read something shocking. i have a friend from high school who was starting at the same time. we could call and discuss as far as she had gotten ~ she was always 50 pages behind me. OMG. these books are soooo fabulous. i might have to try and re-read the 5th book before the movie comes out this summer...

i am SO excited for this summer. i will be spazzing out. the 5th movie comes out 13 July, which is days before my b-day and then 21 july, book 7. how lucky is my birthday month?

ok. shutting up now. too excited.