
Currently reading:
"Complications: A surgeon's notes on an imperfect science" by Atul Gawande
Great book! Gawande discusses the learning curve of medicine. He discusses America's expectations of perfection without practice, the importance of practice and overcoming the fears and anxiety of practicing on people. As the book progresses he discusses cases he has been involved in, research, and questions to ponder.
4.26.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
Love your new laylout!
You are enjoying this book? My husband is going to kill me, but I found this book while cleaning out some of our belongings, and tossed it. Physicians/Practitioners were given this book as a "mandatory" read. I suppose I should have taken a peak at it.
Thanks :)
Yeah I really did enjoy it (I finished it yesterday). I have had the book for about a year or so but it was just sitting on my shelf waiting to be read like so many others. I saw another nurse reading "Better" at work and when I was asking her about it she recommended both but suggested that I start with the first book (Complications).
I do feel that once things are considered mandatory.. it takes away the fun of reading it. Another medical novel... "The Spirit Catches You and You Fall.." I heard that book was great but I had to read it for a class and because I was being forced to, it just wasn't the same.
I have a bookcase full of books waiting to be read.... Over the last few years, I have not read anything that was not neonatal related. My philosophy was, if it's not school related, I do not have time for it.
Bad way to live. It will be nice to relax, and read for pleasure. Of course, I'll still be keeping up with my neonatal studying.
Maybe after I read the books I already own, I'll look into some others ("Better", "Complications").
Post a Comment