"Look not mournfully into the past. It comes not back again. Wisely improve the present. It is thine. Go forth to meet the shadowy future, without fear. "
Henry Wadsorth Longfellow
Wow, so it has been a few days. Things have been so busy with work. I have been doing nights and I feel like I am either at work, sleeping, or ... well.. that is it really. I have a few days off now which I am really looking forward to. I do have to study over the weekend because next week I am renewing my CPR and doing NRP (neonatal resuscitation). There has been a lot going on!
I didn't get to go home for Thanksgiving because I had to work, but I made my own "Thanksgiving" for my boyfriend and I (before he went home for the holiday).
So I have been off of orientation for about a month now. I guess I am doing alright on my own and I can't believe how far I have come, but I am still not confident. I still end each shift knowing that I have forgotten something (hoping it isn't that important). Yes, we all forget things but I can't get past it.
A couple days ago we sent home one of a set of twins, ex-23 weekers. It was amazing to watch this baby grow. Health-wise things look fine.. the baby is even on room air! We don't know developmentally how things turn out until the baby is older, but I still think it is amazing how far they have come!
12.01.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment