I'm boycotting naming a title
"First feelings are always the most natural."
Louis XIV
I just finished up my last night of night shift for about a month (not long enough). I have successfully managed to screw up my internal clock.. and now I am back to days on Monday.
In the news...
1. Funeral Directors in New York have been removing body parts from corpses and selling them (without the family having any knowledge or permission given) to biomedical engineering/research companies. Seriously?! Theft has occured in 7 different funeral homes (who knows how many others...). After the parts were stolen, the bodies were filled with synthetic material (plastic piping, etc) to make the bodies look full.
Have you read Stiff?
This book talks about what human cadavers are used for and all of the good that they do. Cadavers can be used for research to better improves our lives (the lives of the living). I am all for donating bodies to science (yes, I am an organ donor and have considering donating my body when I go), but to do so without the permission of the family AND to reap the benefits is unbelievable.
2. Drug Induced Labor increases risk of amniotic fluid embolism (AFE: particles from the placenta enters the mothers bloodstream causing the cardiorespiratory system to fail). According to the article, although AFE is rare if labor is induced with drugs a woman is two times more likely to experience this complication.
Fact (according to this article): 1 in 5 births have been induced.







No comments:
Post a Comment