10.20.2006

Apple for your thought



I am (and always have been) a Mac user. I have watched the Macs grow from the Apple II GS (our family's first computer) to the power macs that are currently available. I have always believed that apple computers are better quality, more user friendly, and.. frankly.. are just better computers. Although in the beginning there were no programs compatible with both.. I stuck with apple. When all my friends were questioning every email/attachment for a virus, I needn't worry because I had a Mac and we didn't get viruses (mac users were just better. jk) and it wasn't even necessary to buy an antivirus software program because virus' were aimed toward Windows computers. I have also watched apple include more and more third party peices. The price has become more reasonable, yet I feel the quality has also deteriorated. On CNN.com today I found an article suggesting that Macs are more susceptible to virus' now than in the past. People are targeting apple computers. Who does this? What is in it for someone who just creates a glitch in software than can really screw with other people? I will never understand, but I am definitely disappointed.
"Friedrichs said of the 13,000 virus threats Symantec sends out a month, maybe a dozen are related to the Mac, with the majority intended for Microsoft's Windows platform," (cnn.com). A dozen out of 13,000.. isn't that saying something?

1 comment:

Mother Jones RN said...

Hi:

Thank you for stopping by my blog, and for posting your comment.

I love my Mac, and I hate people who have nothing better to do then invent stuff that ruins computers. Throw them in jail!

You have a very cool blog, and I'm adding you to my blogroll.

MJ