10.03.2006

I Love Fall

You can say what you would like about how nice summer is and how those are the "nice days," but I can honestly say I pretty much hate summer and days like yesterday and today are days that I love. It is days like the last couple that have made me want to go outside and go for a hike or just walk and absorb it all. So I love fall... I love the crisp air (that doesn't have a hint of humidity). I love when the leaves are starting change and that can only get more beautiful. This is a time of year that makes me want to get outside and do stuff (the summer is miserably hot & humid- I hate being sticky). Last night my boyfriend and I went to a pumpkin "patch" and picked out a nice pumpkin. I let him make the final decision and of course it is huge! 20 lbs worth.. haha.

I am looking forward to attempt to make a pie and roast pumpkin seeds (I may need another pumpkin). I have never made a pumpkin pie, albeit they are my favorite type of pie (second only to pecan- depending on my mood).
It is just so beautiful out! Fall always brought me a weird kind of mood in the past, but I think that is because I was starting school and in the beginning of classes it is always so overwhelming (how can I accomplish all of that this semester?- it is impossible).
This weekend I think I am going to a wine tasting allumni event for my college. This month is "wine month." I love wine and I think the scenery will be beautiful with the harvest going on and the leaves changing- I am really looking forward to that as well. Hopefully I will be able to get some good pictures to post.

Tomorrow I go back to work - back to reality. Can't I just get paid for existing? Oh well. This is my last week of days, then I switch back to nights.

Today's FALL Quote: (the next couple days will be quotes of fall)
"Change is a measure of time and, in the autumn, time seems speeded up. What was ... is not and never again will be; what is ... is change. "
Edwin Teale

No comments: