I always have trouble picking a title.
"I always pass on good advice. It's the only thing to do with it. It is never any use to oneself."
Oscar Wilde
As I was looking into news stories today I just can't bring myself to pass them on by putting them on my blog - it all seems just too depressing.
However, one thing I will mention is the scuffle between Grey's Anatomy's Dempsey and Washington. I absolutely love Grey's Anatomy (despire the medical inaccuracies).. I just can't help it!
Blog stats - are you interested? A couple of days ago another fellow blogger wrote a post about a certain stat keeper for your blog (she wrote about how she was not going to use it anymore because she felt it was no longer fun, etc). She wrote about what the counter did and intrigued, I decided to see what she was talking about. I absolutely cannot believe the information that you can get from that counter! Too me though, it seemed very invasive. It can tell you who is on your blog - for how long, where they are from, the IP address (I could even see if someone was at a certain college), and how they got to my blog. Wow. What happened to privacy? Did you think you were anonymously blog surfing? Well I did (naively) and I was most definitely wrong.
Numbers are fun to see, as well as comments but I feel that all that information is unneccesary to me. I am not running a business, I am writing my own blog for whoever wants to or does not want to read it. I am going to follow her lead and I will not be using that type of statistical tracker. I do want to know if people are actually there and if they are reading... let me know what you think.







1 comment:
hi nurse M,
i really like your blog. i got here from Doc A, i think. i check back often...your quotes are COOL!
i'm a Grey's Anatomy junkie, too.
i dont bother with those site-counters either. know know by my comments who reads my blog and i like those people. i dont care about the anonymous people's location, etc, its ok if they read silently and dont comment.
Post a Comment