10.06.2006

Halloween meme theme

I was tagged by "Dr. A". to follow along someone who created his own meme, orginally by "It's a Blog Eat Blog World" There are 13 questions... here it goes.

1. What's the scariest movie you've ever seen?
Interesting question. Thinking of an answer I feel pretty silly now thinking about what that movie was. Do you remember the "Blair Witch Project"? The story of teenagers who were lost in the woods in Maryland and disappeared, their footage was found a year later. At the time there was a lot of gossip about how the movie was a documentary of sorts and actually happened (before everyone realized that it wasn't real, it was just a low budget movie). Anyway, I went to see the movie in theatre when all the hype was that this story is real and I was terrified. Second to the Blair Witch Project, I would have to say "The Ring." After seeing that movie, I would close my eyes and see the ring and was pretty sure someone was coming to get me.

2. What was your favorite Halloween Costume from childhood?
I don't know if I have a favorite, really. I find halloween an excuse for people to wear whatever (or how little) they want (for adults anyway). As a child I think my favorite costume was when I was a "witch doctor." I wore a doctors jacket and dressed all professionally (but all in black) then put on a witch's hat with makeup that made me look like witch. When people would ask what I was I told them I was a witch doctor and laughed and laughed (I thought it was much more funny than anyone else I am sure and now that I think about it... it isn't that funny).

3. If you had an unlimited budget, what would your Fantasy Costume be for this Halloween?
When with that unlimited budget I would get some plastic surgery (including lipo) and I would be "Tinkerbell", from Peter Pan.

4. When was the last time you went Trick Or Treating?
Well if you include alcohol in treat or treating, then I would say college. However, if actually mean candy then I would have to say it was back in middle school (by high school I thought I was WAY too cool for that).
Are kids still doing this?.... aren't the parents freaking out about if the candy is safe? Don't take candy from strangers.. oh wait, nevermind... tonight it is okay to take the candy. Enjoy!

5. What's your favorite Halloween Candy?
I LOVE candy corn! mmmmm... I just may have to go out and buy some today. Thanks for that, whoever reminded me.

6. Tell us about a scary nightmare you had.
I have a lot of scary nightmares, all of time. I would say the scariest was losing everyone that I loved in a brutal, graphic way and I couldn't stop it. Then later on a pool was draining and I was swimming trying to get out, sharks came out of the drains tried to eat me but I batted them away with a rubber chicken.

7. What is your Supernatural Fear?
Thanks to my two older brothers, I am still pretty afraid of the "boogey man." They planted the idea in my head that everytime I was in the dark, the boogey man was there waiting for me (how cruel). Until middle school I was actually afraid to say the word "Frog" in my bed for fear that there was something under my bed waiting to grab my feet when I got out. I guess the word frog awakened them?


8. What is your Creepy-Crawlie Fear?
I really hate spiders and snakes. How can anyone like spiders? They are weird and mysterious. I can't believe people actually keep them as pets, wtf?

9. Tell us about a time when you saw a ghost, or heard something go Bump in the night.
I have never seen a ghost, persay but I have heard things "go bump" in the night. I can't remember any right now off the top of my head though.

10. Would you ever stay in a real Haunted House overnight?
Never, ever.

11. Are you a traditionalist (just a face) Jack O'Lantern Carver, or do you get really creative with your pumpkins?
Well this is the first year that I have gotten my own pumpkin (we did it was when I young). So I have this 20 lb pumpkin and I actually said something about drawing a face and my boyfriend said absolutely not, that he wanted to carve it out into a jack 'o lantern. So I guess that is my answser. Jack o' lanterns just look mean. Where is the positive energy?

12. How much do you decorate your home for Halloween?
OH! I love to decorate! Ever since I got my own place I have decorated for anything I could decorate for (maybe trying to be comforted by not being home). I even plan on getting an xmas tree this year (haven't done that on my own yet, either). For halloween I put up all kinds of things from witches to black cats, to a pumpkin (which will soon be a lantern). I think partially decorations always changes, so it keeps me from getting bored.

13. What do you want on your Tombstone?
Yikes, never actually thought about that. I don't want much on it. Maybe something like... "Here lies so and so... please don't step on the grave."

2 comments:

Dr. A said...

Thanks for being a good sport. Great list!

The Curmudgeon said...

Entertaining list. (I'm another of Dr. A's tag-ees. Is that a word?)