6.13.2007

RIP Mr. Wizard


Television's scientific icon Mr. Wizard dies at 89. Don Hubert, aka Mr. Wizard, was known for his television show that taught children the fun in science.
I remember waking up at odd hours of the morning just to watch Mr. Wizard and see what fun experiments he was doing that day. Could I replicate them with things in my own house? What I loved about his show was that he showed that you could do scientific experiments with everyday household items. It was because of him that my I begged my parents for a scientific experiment kit/book, so that I could perform similar experiments.
His show originally aired in the 50's, but returned to television (Nickolodeon) in the 80's and was called "Mr. Wizard's World." I will always remember Mr. Wizard fondly as he inspired my scientific mind at a young age and encouraged me among many children, to ask questions about how things work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVED watching Mr. Wizard! I'm sad to see he passed away.

I still remember many of his experiments vividly!