Wicked

In anticipation of seeing the acclaimed broadway play, "Wicked" I reread this book for the second time. If you have time this is definitely worth the read (this is not a children's book). The book is about the life and times of the wicked witch of the west. From birth to her premature death caused by that "little twit" Dorothy, it reveals her life. What was it like to grow up green? How did she come to be known as the Wicked Witch of the West? What is the significance of those ruby slippers? Reading it again I realized how entertaining the book really was and I am pretty sure I liked it even more than the first time I read it.
This author also writes Confessions of an Ugly Step Sister (The untold story of Cinderella) and Mirror,Mirror (Snow White). I have also read these.. again very entertaining to see the other side of the story. He also wrote another book called Lost, but I haven't heard as good of things about it so I have not read it.
I can't even begin to describe how excited I am to go and see the musical!!!







No comments:
Post a Comment