Red!

The commercial holiday of Valentine's Day is approaching quickly... a holiday made big by companies wanting to sell candy, chocolate, cards, and flowers. Restaurants are booked long in advance for this special occasion.
Everyone knows this, yet somehow the majority of us just can't get enough!!! Maybe it is the feeling of love in the air? Personally, I think it is the validation that we are all looking for. The validation that people actually do care about us.
Everyday should be treated like V day... everyday we should show the person we love that we care, yet unfortunately we don't. We save it up for that special day. Expectations are high. Feelings are often hurt and others left disappointed. Some will walk around with a glow, while others will stomp around saying how much they hate this commercial holiday. You will hear "I hate Valentine's day," (but on the inside hopes of someone sending something). "Her flowers are better than mine, but I guess it is the thought that counts."
Which person will you be?
Me? I love Valentine's (to be fair.. only when I have someone to share it with). I will be working (not necessarily by choice).. but at least it is day shift and I really don't expect much because we are celebrating over the weekend.
Anyway.. in order to celebrate the month of love and get you into the mooooooood... I will try to post quotes of love/love's loss over the next few weeks.
"We use the word love in such a sloppy way that it can mean almost nothing or absolutely everything."
Diane Ackerman







2 comments:
I enjoyed your post, and used a quote of yours here. :)
Nice reading your blog! I will be using it too! Here in bench3
Post a Comment