1.29.2007

World's Oldest Person Dies...

The first half of life consists of the capacity to enjoy without the chance; the last half consists of the chance without the capacity.
Mark Twain

Wow.. the world's current oldest person dies at 114. Can you believe that? According to CNN, she had only been the title holder for one week. At 114 years old she still does not hold the record for the oldest person to have ever lived. From what I can find the world's oldest person survived to see 122 years. I say survived because I can't comfortably say "lived," as I am sure she wasn't doing much of anything.
I find it hard to imagine what life would be like at that age. Would you even be yourself by that point or merely a shadow of what you once were?

Just summing up a little about the article.... She was one of 23 children (some whom died at birth/infancy). Remarkably, she was only one of a few of her siblings whom hearts where still beating past the notable ages above 100.

No comments: