9.08.2006

Seriously. . . I can't believe it's not...

Summer.

Wow, so it just hit me last night that this is the first fall since I was about 3 years old that I am not starting school. Unbelievable. I went straight from highschool to college. Straight from college to more college (I am a second degree nurse). I don't think it has fully hit me yet that this is what real life is actually consisted of. Work.

Fall for me has always meant going back to school. How will I be able to tell when the seasons change? Surely not by the weather or changing colors of the leaves. I need new syllabus', school supplies, thanksgiving break, finals... I actually have to go without "spring break?"
I have always gauged myself and my accomplishments by how I am doing in school, what will I use now?

Today's Quote:
"Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing worth knowing can be taught."
Oscar Wilde

1 comment:

MM said...

Ah yes, Wilde has some great quotes (I have many!), so thanks for the post. I actually have finished up with nights until October. I am a rotator, so I work 3 weeks days and then 3 weeks of nights (low man on the totem poll). I could choose to do all nights, but I feel like that would turn my life entirely upside down and at this point I do not think I am willing to do that. So as long as I am one with less experience than others I will be forced to do nights. boooo.