9.01.2006

Music on the way to work. . .

So in order to deal with the chaos and anxiety that engulfs a new career... I have a playlist with specific songs for going to and leaving work (yes different playlists! One needs to build me up and the other bring me down).
I make the playlists on my ipod and hook my ipod up in the car.

Dreading.. I mean.. On the Way to Work Playlist
1. Soul Meets Body by Deathcab for Cutie
2. Into the Fire by Thirteen Senses
3. How to Save a Life by The Fray
4. Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
5. No Illusions by 78 SAAB
6. Don't Panic by Coldplay
Don't panic - 12.5 hours will go by fast enough
7. These Days by Nico
8. Catalyst by Anna Nalick
9. In Your Own Way by Caleb Kane
10. Breathe (2am) by Anna Nalick
11. Universe & U by KT Tunstall
12. How we Operate by Gomez
13. Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol
14. Somewhere a Clock is Ticking by Snow Patrol
15. Getting Better by Gomez
16. Title & Registration by Deathcab
17. She's Hearing Voices by Bloc Party
18. Different by Acceptance
19. Two worlds by Lir
20. Over my Head (cable car) by The Fray



Leaving Work Playlist
1. Theme by Jon Brion (Theme from Endless Sunshine from the Spotless Mind)
2. Hide and Seek by Imogen Heap
3. Breakdown by Jack Johnson/ Handsome Boy Modeling School
4. Let Go by Frou Frou
5. Where is My Mind? by The Pixies
6. Looking at the World from the Bottom of the Well by Mike Dougherty
7. Mad World by Gary Jules
8. Miss Halfway by Anya Marina
9. Everything is Alright by Motion City Soundtrack
10. Dice by Finley Quaye
11. The Way we Get By by Spoon
12. High & Dry by Jamie Cullum
13. Bad Day by Flaming Lips & Daniel Powder
14. I'm so Tired by The Beatles
15. Goodnight and Go by Imogen Heap
16. Moon River by Henry Mancini
17. Honest Mistake by The Bravery
18. Float On by Modest Mouse
19. Cartwheels by Reindeer Section
20. The Blowers Daughter by Damien Rice

2 comments:

Dreaming again said...

I hope the shift went well.

As far as your learning to ride the bike post, yes, you're right ...and .. you will get it.

It takes heart, perserverence and determination. From what I've read you've got all 3.

I know, I'm not a nurse, so how do I know? I'm a patient, I've known more than my fair share of nurses.

Hope you had a good night!

MM said...

I appreciate your post. Today was a pretty crap day here. I hope I do get it. I work again tomorrow night, so we will see if it gets better.
Hope you had a good night!