9.05.2006

I think it's tuesday. . .

Today's Rainy Day Quote:
"Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops. Let the rain sing you a lullaby."
Langston Hughes



heading to bed with my cuddle buddy. . .

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I get messed up on which day I'm trying to work full time and do clinicals. I think that not wearing rings and watches in the NICU is a good idea.. Any research that it works keeping infections down?

MM said...

On our unit we have an "infection reduction committee." I know a few years back they REALLY cracked down on several things. It used to be that you could wear wedding bands, but not anything else. Now just to be on the safe side - nothing is allowed. It makes sense though, how can you really clean under a ring - what is growing under there?
I know there is research out there, but I don't know any studies off the top of my head. I can try to find out though if you would like. It is actually one of the NNPs who is pushing this wholeheartedly. I do know that on our unit alone when they enforced that rule of no jewelry infection rates went down significantly.